Vlogs & Blogs on Business & Life
I hope you enjoyed the “Stanley skit.” In spite of the carton-style delivery, I think Stanley has a very relatable problem and the Agency Secretary makes some good points especially for those who rely on face-to-face appointments to "close the sale."
You can change the order of some of the 10 points shown below.
Lead generation is probably one of the biggest challenges service providers & sales professionals face when it comes to maximizing profits or commissions. I'm specifically referring to generating QUALITY leads - leads that fit the client avatar you create for your business. Fortunately, producing poor quality leads or no leads at all is not the case for those who have taken the time to thoroughly research and understand the needs as well as the psychology of their targeted market.
Of course there are numerous ways to generate leads but this blog is going to focus on one strategy, the K.I.S.S.B.U.T method. "keep it stupid simple but unbelievably targeted" in terms of the quality of the leads generated. Although my blog title and unusual intro video add a humorous element to my delivery, the approach shared is actually very effective when done right. However, your results will largely depend on the “prep & planning" you do prior to your final execution.
Here is a basic guide for both the “prep” work (market research & keyword research) and the planning prior to execution..
1. Decide what specific group of people you want to target within your niche. Only pick ONE group even if your product or service appeals to a broad market.
2. Decide of on your focal point (pain, gain or pleasure)... Most marketers and sales agents (like Stanley,the insurance agent) tend to focus on the "pain."
3. Decide what information you want to collect from them: Email only; Name & Email; Name, Address & Phone number etc. Remember the more information you ask them to share the lower the number of leads that will be collected. BUT, the good news is, the more information a prospect is WILLING to provide the stronger the lead and greater chance for conversion. So ask yourself this question "do you want to maximize the number of leads you generate or do you want to maximize the quality of the leads generated for greater chance of conversion?" I know both are important but chose the one that is the most important to you before creating your capture page.
4. Decide on your hook “the angle you take” to reel them in and your verbiage for the page. Remember, no one wants to sold to so how you GIFT WRAP YOUR MESSAGE is crucial. Focus on the problem throughout, giving 2 or 3 examples so they totally identify with the problem. Getting them to opt-in should be relatively easy at this point.
5. Decide on a lead magnet that will entice them to take action (opt-in) but that is also tied into the “hook.” Choose something that will attract what you deem to be your perfect client and that is also congruent with each message or command in ad. A common LEAD MAGNET would be a free giveaway (like an eBook or PDF that addresses one of the components of their pain, gain or pleasure).
6. Decide how you are going to PRE-FRAME your prospects prior to them becoming leads. This is very important and something a lot of people overlook when putting together their funnels or lead sites. Basically, pre-framing involves coming up with a question, suggestion or action that will force the prospect to either rule them self out or rule them self in. Keep in mind the main purpose of “pre-framing” is to reduce the number of time-wasters and tire kickers. Although nothing will ever completely eliminate them.
7. Now create your lead magnet (maintaining congruency with your ad as always).
8. Include your CTA (call to action) every time you want your prospect to take a specific action.
9. Now that you have decided all these things, you now need to decide if you want to implement a paid advertising strategy or rely on organic traffic? This will course depend on the time you are willing to spend on this and your advertising budget (or lack of). Chances are you decided this at the very beginning of the process.
K.I.S.S.B.U.T Method: Using Paid Advertising: You can create a lead website or lead funnel to build your lead generator (I recommend Click Funnels if you don't already have a funnel provider).
K.I.S.S.B.U.T Method: Using Organic Traffic: Again you can use a funnel provider BUT you will have greater success if you build a 2 or 3 page website or blogsite to capture your leads. Why? Because your mini website can be optimized for the search engines (SEO) to capture organic traffic as well as any paid advertising you may want to do. This will involve a little more work like article writing or blogging around the selected keywords & phrases or you can blog/vlog on viral topics, but will be worth it. It is also important to note, that traffic will be a lot less in terms of volume, but this is the absolute best quality traffic you can get where people are actively HUNTING for you rather than you chasing them.!
The K.I.S.S.B.U.T program that you will be taken to when click "Learn More" will be the most current and effective method of acquiring targeted leads at the time of your submission.
Get Your FREE Lead Generation Guide